- This event has passed.
Food Worth Celebrating
September 28 • 3:30 pm — 7:30 pm
Join Hidden Villa as we learn from and honor the people and processes contributing to a more resilient, just, and thriving regional food system. This year’s event will take attendees on an experiential journey through the principles of regenerative agriculture and its impact on our environmental and social landscape:
- Sip handcrafted cocktails from Shoots & Roots Bitters while unpacking soil health in our Educational Garden and Greenhouse Field
- Investigate the intersections of animal welfare and ecological resilience in our pasture with Hidden Villa’s animal husbandry team and other partner farmers
- Savor the outcome of a life well-lived with a selection of local cheeses and wines courtesy of Whole Foods
- Uncover the links between strong, diverse communities and healthy, diversified agriculture with Marsha Habib of Oya Organics, and learn about what it means to cultivate an equitable and inclusive food system
- Test out our tomatoes, enjoy live music from Handsome Hound over a spot of locally made ice cream, and get your hands on unique Hidden Villa goods at our silent auction
- Digest it all over a feast of roasted Hidden Villa chicken and pork loin, vegetarian-friendly portobello mushrooms stuffed with goat cheese and fresh herbs, seasonal vegetables, and summer tomato salad served up by Roadside Rotisserie
There is room for everyone at the table, including the littlest eaters among us! Kid-friendly activities and farm animal visits will run throughout the evening
Come taste Hidden Villa’s mission to inspire a more just and sustainable future!
* We have so many great things happening during the evening, we extended the program to ensure folks have time to enjoy it all!