- This event has passed.
Apricot STEM Fair, a part of Silicon Valley Eats, A Taste for Innovation
June 30, 2019 • 10:00 am — November 6, 2019 • 5:00 pm
From our agricultural roots to today’s cutting-edge sustainability efforts, the way we grow, eat, and share food has been shaped by innovation.
Visit Los Altos History Museum’s“Silicon Valley Eats” food exhibit.
May – September
Gather around the table with us this summer as we remember the orchards and canneries of the Valley of Heart’s Delight, celebrate today’s diversity of cuisine, and learn about the new food technologies being developed in Silicon Valley.
Activities include ~
- Apricot STEM Fair – June 30th, 10am-3pm
- Kids Cooking Classes* – July 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th, 9:30-11:30am
- Slow Food Cooking Classes* – July 8th,16th, and 24th, 6-8pm
- Eating Your Values Panel Discussion – Aug. 15th, 7-8:30pm
- Food for the Future Panel Discussion – Aug. 22nd, 7-8:30pm
* Registration required in advance, fee applies.
As part of their spring/summer exhibit “Silicon Valley Eats,” Joni Sare will teach three different SLOW-inspired hands-on classes which include Instant Pot, Braising, and an improvisational “stump the chef” classes in July 8.