- This event has passed.
Slow Sip: Beer Walk at Santana Row, July 29th
July 29, 2015 • 6:00 pm — 9:00 pm$30.00
It’s BEER WEEK in Silicon Valley! Join us to get to know local sustainable beers.
Slow Food South Bay presents our first:
Better late than never! We just found out about Silicon Valley Beer Week and want to participate and celebrate with you. So let’s see what the local breweries are up to …at the Santana Row Beer Walk this coming Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 6pm to 9pm.
What is a “Slow Sip?” ….see the explanation and a coffee tasting date, below.
The Beer Walk:
Silicon Valley Beer Week is already under way (July 24 – Aug 1). There are dozens of events, at dozens of locations, yet we really like the idea of 20 breweries coming together with all their fans (at Santana Row). It’ll be a fun good way to taste and learn about them.
Who is invited:
Anyone can join us… Slow Food South Bay members, former members, friends of members, friends of friends, too!
Where to find us:
Once you get your map, locate the Hermitage Brewing Company — we will be there promptly at 6pm! We will be there until 6:20pm or so, and at that time will go to another Beer stand. We will hand pick –in advance– several beer stands to visit, based on their similar Slow Food values and standards. For those of you coming later, we will give a list to Hermitage that indicates all of our stops so you can catch up with us.
Fee for this event: $30
The is no fee to Slow Food South Bay for this event, however, you do need to sign up for the Beer Walk on the Santana Row website, here’s the link:
1) Check in between 5 and 5:30pm, so that you can be with us at 6pm. Check in location is at Santana Row Park (the courtyard between Left Bank and Lark Creek Blue).
2) In the case the event does not sell out, tickets can be purchased day of for $38.
3) Designated drivers do not need to purchase tickets.
4) Kids/strollers and dogs may not be allowed in some tasting locations.
5) This info, and more, is at the link, above.
Please let me know you will join us, send me an email and I’ll be watching for you.
Joni Sare, Slow Food South Bay Leader
I’m in Cupertino, does any one want to carpool with me?
What is a “Slow Sip?”
We want to connect you to good food and good drink. So, this year we are focused on two types of events that feature foodie businesses in our area (Santa Clara County and San Mateo County) that are upholding our Slow sustainable values … good, clean, fair.
1) Our “Slow Dining Adventures” will connect you with food establishments (mostly restaurants). You will learn about our regional food web: where the food is grown, who is cooking it and serving it to us. We will show you how to tap into it and how strengthen it. We have had events at 4 locations: OG Sliders in Cupertino; Johnston’s Saltbox in Belmont/San Carlos; Country Gourmet in Sunnyvale; and Alice’s Restaurant in Woodside. Dates for more Slow Dining Adventures will be posted soon!
2) “Slow Sips” will connect you with anything liquid … wine, beer, coffee, tea (wineries/wine bars, breweries/bars/pubs, coffee houses, etc). Our next Slow Sip will be a “Coffee tasting and presentation” on Sunday, August 9th, 9am to 11am at a private home in Cupertino. Mark your calendar, watch for the announcement. We will also meet with a Morgan Hill winemaker at “Coopervino” the newest wine bar in Cupertino, a date for this event will be announced soon.
We want to know what you know!
Please call or write if you have questions or suggestions for Slow Sips and Slow Dining Adventures (in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties.)
Call or write to Joni Sare, Slow Food South Bay leader: