Slow Food South Bay actively promotes our local food communities so everyone can enjoy good, clean and fair food. Our South Bay Chapter, originally the Silicon Valley Convivium, was formed in October 1997, as one of the first five of 225 convivia organized in the US. Today, there are more than 1,300 convivia around the world.
- "SLOW FOOD unites the pleasure of food with responsibility, sustainability and harmony with nature." - Carlo Petrini, Slow Food International Founder and President
- $51M spent by Big Food in 2015 to Lobby for Less Transparency in Food Labeling September 25, 2015
- From NPR – Reduce Food Waste, Learn from Dan Barber’s Garbage to Plate Experiment September 24, 2015
- Earth Overshoot Day-We’ve Used Up Our Resources for 2015!! August 19, 2015
- Goodbye Tipping, Hello Living Wage: The Changing Face of Progressive Restaurants | Bay Area Bites | KQED Food August 18, 2015
- Melons 101: How To Pick Ripe Melons and 12 Varieties You Need to Try | Bay Area Bites | KQED Food August 17, 2015